Information for Speakers, Poster Presenters and Chairpersons
Information for Speakers
Please be at your session room at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your session. Please note that your speaking time as indicated in the email correspondences has to be strictly followed. If you are not certain about the assigned speaking time, please contact your session coordinator or Ms. Katharina Straub at the registration desk.
Presentation Formats & Technology
Only MS-PowerPoint (*.ppt and *.pptx) presentations in 16:9 format will be accepted. Please do not forget to embed your fonts.
How to submit your presentation on-site
Presentations for Auditorium 101 & Auditorium 103
These rooms are connected to the media center. Therefore, we kindly ask all speakers presenting in these rooms to deliver and view/check their PowerPoint presentations at the Speakers’ Media Center (located on the 2nd Floor, in room 214) at least 2 hours prior to the start of the respective session. For sessions starting at 08:00 a.m., the presentation should be delivered the previous day.
In order to avoid any delays, speakers are kindly requested to hand in their PowerPoint presentations on USB sticks. If you are bringing your own laptop, the presentation will be transferred on-site in the Speakers’ Media Center.
Presentations for all other rooms
We kindly ask all speakers that do not present in Auditorium 101 or Auditorium 103 to bring their presentations on a USB stick to their respective session room. There will be no central media check for these rooms.
Speaking Times for Oral Presentations
Plenary Oral Presentation: 7 minutes + 3 minutes discussion
Concurrent Oral Presentations: 7 minutes + 3 minutes discussion
Concurrent Oral Poster Presentations: 3 minutes presentation + 2 minutes discussion
(Please prepare no more than 3-5 slides)
Poster Forum: 5 minutes presentation + 5 minutes discussion
NI Seminar: 6 minutes presentation + 2 minutes discussion
Information for Poster Presenters On-Site
The poster exhibition is located in the Poster Loft on the 1st Floor.
Posters will be on display from Saturday, 07 May to Monday, 09 May (19:00 o’clock). Posters can be mounted on Saturday, 07 May from 08:00 – 09:30 and removed on Monday, 09 May from 18:00 – 19:00. Presenters are kindly asked to be present at their poster during the morning and afternoon coffee breaks as well as during the lunch break for personal discussion about their results.
If you have sent your poster to GesconOnline SL – PosterSessionOnline for printing, you will be able to pick it up on-site during the exhibition opening hours, if you have informed us that you will not be attending the congress in person, we will put up your poster for you. The poster helpdesk will be located in the Poster Loft.
Presenters must be present at their poster during the following times:
12:00 – 13:00 on Sunday, 08 May for posters with the following topics:
- Biomarkers and biochemical testing
- Bone bioengineer, regeneration and implants
- Bone biomechanics and quality
- Bone development/growth and fracture repair
- Cancer and bone: Basic/Translational
- Energy metabolism, fat, diabetes, nutrition: Basic/Translational
- Mammalian and non-mammalian models, including preclinical imaging
- Muscle, physical activity and bone: Basic/Translational
- Osteoporosis: evaluation and imaging
- Osteoporosis: pathophysiology and epidemiology
- Innovative concepts, new technologies, case reports
12:00 – 13:00 on Monday, 09 May for posters with the following topics:
- Osteoblasts and bone formation
- Osteoclasts and bone resorption
- Osteocytes and mechanobiology
- Chondrocytes and cartilage
- Endocrine factors: Basic/Translational
- Genetics & epigenetics
- Inflammation, arthritis and other joint diseases: Basic/Translational
- Osteoporosis: treatment
- Other diseases of bone and mineral metabolism: Basic/Translational
- Paediatric bone diseases
- Rare bone diseases: Basic/Translational
If you have any questions regarding your poster(s) or presentation(s), please do not hesitate to contact the staff at the registration desk.
Information for Chairpersons
Please locate your session room in due time. Please be at your session room at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
We may remind you that speakers need to strictly observe the time schedule.